Why Write about Humorous Topics?
Find out how funny argumentative essay topics can get the attention of your tutor.
Is it your aim to get your tutor’s attention? The process of grading student papers can be quite a boring one. If, however, your essay is humorous it can a) cause your tutor to laugh, b) make them remember you, and c) even motivate them to hike up your all-important grade! Better still, writing your essays will be more fun and a good topic will help you stay awake as you toil into the small hours. You may make your essay sarcastic, ironic, or just plain amusing.
Take inspiration from these topic ideas to write funny college essays!
Use sarcasm to be amusing!
Why spam email is your favorite type of message.
Why your brain does not get fried by violent-type movies.
Describe what you think your dog (or other pet) is thinking.
Choose your favorite infomercial and say why your readers or yourself should swallow every word hook line and sinker.
Why gaming is the only thing you are expert at.
Why videos with funny animals appeal to people.
Why your favorite US store is Walmart.
Why customers are always wrong.
Why everyone needs their daily Starbucks fix of coffee.
Name two important things driving instructors never tell you.
What you would like to say to an officer who gives you a ticket.
How smoking helps your health.
What you love about your surname.
Why teenage workers should get the worst available jobs and lowest pay.
How you always feel happy when your computer crashes.
How you can write better essays if pot were legalized.
Humor is Good for People … More Topics!
Why do people have so many mismatched socks, and where do odd socks go?
Describe the results of over-tanning.
What is the world’s worst ever song.
The tricks that make it look as if someone is actually doing some work when they are not.
Describe what the world would be like if it were ruled by cats, dogs, or hamsters? (Choose an animal).
How your life was changed by Barbie.
Why dental braces are fun to wear.
Choose a comedian and say why they are your hero.
Why the kisses you get from a dog are best.
Why you hate a certain type of music e.g. jazz, hip-hop, rap, classic rock, country and western, and so on.
The reasons people like watching shows with shark attacks.
Ways to pretend you like watching a particular sport or any sport.
Why you should land a great job because of your video gaming skills.
Ways to win a contest for the worst ever tattoo.
What it really feels like to resemble a catwalk model or a doll like Barbie.
Why you get frightened by Mickey Mouse or some other cartoon figure, clown, celebrity, or icon.
More Funny Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students
Family-Related Topics with a Fun Twist
How you know you are having a bad day when your mom does not even remember your birthday.
Ways to get money from your parents.
Why your family begins every meal with dessert.
Things your mother is always saying.
Why you want to join someone else’s family.
Why it is essential for every teenager to have an iPhone or similar device.
Why you should have been your parents’ only child.
Best ways to really irritate your hapless parents and other members of your family.
Why it is imperative for teenagers to take control of their family’s credit card(s).
Why dads should be the ones to stay at home.
Why it is essential to get your grandma her own iPhone.
What really goes on in your dog’s mind i.e. what are they thinking?
What the world would be like if it were ruled by cats.
The mistakes your parents have made but it is now too late.
What feminism ever did for you?
Why your dog really is an irreplaceable friend.
Relationship Matters to Laugh At!
Ways to make oneself popular.
Ways to make a date extremely awkward.
The things girls would like guys to know.
The things guys would like girls to know.
Ten things that say a guy or girl has no interest in you.
Ten things that say a guy or girl is interested in you.
How your friends on Instagram are your best ones.
How dates differ in type and the different types.
The advice a guy would give a girl about makeup.
Tips on breaking up with a boy or girlfriend.
Ways to irritate one’s parents and/or other members of one’s family.
What not to do to win over your dream girl or boy.
Ways to lose one’s BFF.
How to win back friends or become reinstated in the “friendship zone.”
Why the “no news being good news” rule is not applicable to your social or personal life.
Certain things that guys hate about girls.
Why are there no games called the Un-Hunger Games?
How to get away with telling the odd white lie.
How to avoid being asked on a data or how you should not go about asking a boy or girl to go on a date.
Why should politicians watch more funny animal videos?
Ways to be very annoying i.e. in real-life or on Twitter, Facebook or on some other social media site.
Why you would like another person to steal your identity.
Ways to become an obnoxious boy or girlfriend.
Why do girls do more exercise than their male counterparts?
An Opportunity to Comment on Social Matters
How some advertising can be very effective.
What has feminism ever done for you?
Sissies have no place in the climate change debate.
Tips on winning friends and influencing teachers.
Why recycling only applies to sissies.
Why it is not so bad to be homeless.
What you would like to say to an officer who gave you a ticket.
How you can tell when a politician is lying or being truthful.
Choose a celebrity, movie star, or fictional character and say why they should become the next US president.
What is the best way for getting things done quickly in Washington?
How global warming is really caused.
Ways to win the terrorist war – even without trying.
Why certain animals should be given more authority or rights than humans.
What is really meant by “organic foodstuffs.”
Why people are smarter because of Google.
Why your friend is Talk radio.
Name the things that make smog loveable.
Why a lesser amount of gun control is needed.
Why free speech should be abolished.
Several things that are good about stereotypes.
Why radioactive waste is everyone’s friend.
Great Essay Topics for School Jokers
Why your teacher should never give you anything below an “A” grade.
Ways to annoy your fellow students and/or roommate(s).
How to make your time in college stress-free.
Choose a person, one of your teachers perhaps, and say why the nation should make them a hero.
Ways to be successful in school or college, even without trying very hard.
Why English, science, math (or some other subject of your choosing) is your favorite school subject.
Why studying late into the night is really beneficial for a student.
Why teachers in high schools should not retire – ever.
Tips for writing book reports on books you have not even read.
How you can complete college papers one hour before they are due.
Why it is essential for all teenagers to have an iPhone or similar device at school.
What would you do if your housemate put a biology specimen (or some part of their project) in your home refrigerator.
Why certain people should not continue in high school.
Why all Texan girls want to become cheerleaders.
What you love about fundraising.
Ways you can prompt a roommate to leave or move.
Why you love repeating the allegiance pledge.
Describe the college you would love to go to.
How to simultaneously work hard at college but still have a lot of fun.
What you can really learn from an intelligence test.
Best ways not to sleep well at college.
Why I should be admitted to your university or college.
Why the stereotypes you find in high school can be beneficial to you.
How standardized tests are good for you.
Finally, a few funny college essay prompts on how to write for fun
Do not forget that virtually any paper can be turned into a sarcastic or humorous piece provided by you.
Use exaggerated examples.
Begin sentences with intensifying transitional words, e.g., above all, but as well as that, even though, however, moreover, nevertheless, not only, and so on.
Take a stance on an over-the-top, ridiculous, or unrealistic side of an issue.
Use a lot of extreme adverbs and adjectives.
Argue for what should not be done instead of what one should do.
Persuasive speeches are those that address themselves to the minds and hearts of people who heard them; but funny persuasive speeches give color to the speech and the effect they have is unparalleled. The value of the speaker’s words is doubled with the fun element.A funny persuasive speech evokes a light-hearted response from the audience from the beginning of the oratory. While every tone and every gesture forecasts the result with the audience, the overall anticipation and pleasure comes from the funny persuasive speech topic you choose.
We have come up with funny persuasive speech topics that are out-of-the-box and not the regular topics you find everywhere. They help differentiate you from others in the same genre.
A List Of 50 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics:
- ‘Little people’ is less offensive than ‘dwarf’ or ‘midget.’
- Women are genetically disposed to not be funny.
- Save paper towels, save the forests. (Shake hands before using the paper, fold the paper towel and dry.)
- Sex needs a new metaphor, other than baseball where you use terms like scoring, getting to first base, if there’s grass on the field play ball etc. Example: The new model is based on Pizza, it’s not competitive like baseball. You’re also sharing the experience of pleasure and enjoyment.
- Scientists should stop talking jargon to us and make ideas accessible.
- Parking and coffee to be included in college tuition fee.
- How to handle well-meaning people you don’t like.
- Why you deserve to be the boss instead of your boss.
- Prints of body parts other than fingers should be taken. Like ear prints. (Talk of the burglar caught by his ear-print on the window glass – he was listening to find out if the coast was clear)
- Blondes ARE stupid.
- Men should never wear skinny jeans.
- Grades don’t matter.
- The work week should be shorter.
- Horror movies are good for experiencing the adrenaline rush.
- Funny pick up lines work.
- Blaming the horoscope when things go wrong helps.
- All is not fair in burping and farting, but it is in love and war.
- With a woman as a president, there would be more wars.
- It is not wrong to steal bread to feed your family.
- Women have to leave the seat up for men’s convenience.
- Schools should ban Harry Potter for promoting witchcraft.
- How playing games raised your IQ.
- A thumb is a finger.
- Reverse discrimination.
- Men are happier than women.
- If a woman hits a man, he should be able to hit back without it being called abuse.
- Too much rhetoric and speech caused the fall of the Roman Empire, it will kill us too.
- Keep your mom off Facebook.
- Banks have to ban hats and sunglasses to avoid robberies.
- Make your friends pay every time, all the time.
- Guys gossip more than girls.
- Adult children living at home can be a pain.
- A majority of vegetarians don’t love animals.
- How to eat food you don’t like.
- Why being fair doesn’t work all the time.
- Larger passengers should be obliged to purchase two plane tickets (the weight?).
- Being a weekday vegetarian in a carnivorous culture.
- Limit alternatives to make your choices easier.
- Reincarnation is a fact.
- Why moist cookies are better than dry. Bring cookies and demonstrate.
- Boys should be allowed to cross dress and wear skirts.
- Children of divorced parents should gain the right to divorce their parents if they choose to.
- There must be a breakup insurance policy to all
- Eat lionfish to stop their invasion.
- Donate your locks.
- How to persuade someone to take the blame for your mistake.
- How to get a spouse to hand over the remote.
- Why the drinking age should be lowered.
- How to create a cult following easily with so many dumb people around.
- Why airplanes should be made from the material the black box is made of.
These topics conjure images of fun and humor and are bound to make the audience smile. They will help build up an anticipation of wanting to know what the speaker has to say about it. Hope you have a great time delivering the speech.