An office manager is one of the most important job positions in any company and is responsible for efficient office management. Since, the job responsibilities are more crucial, employers are often skeptical while selecting a candidate for this profile. This is when a well drafted resume and cover letter does the maximum work for you. The office manager cover letter sample in this post will help you to understand how to write an effective cover letter for yourself.
Before we actually look at the sample cover letter here, let’s take a look at the important points that make it look captivating and more professional.
Tips for Writing an Efficient Office Manager Cover Letter
- Use professional language while writing your cover letter and avoid any casual words
- Do not forget to address the concerned person while starting the letter
- Introduce yourself and your objective for writing this letter
- Avoid repeating your office manager resume in your cover letter
- Keep your cover letter short and restrict it to maximum of 3-4 paragraphs with 4-5 short sentences each
- A brief introduction is expected about who you are, your current employer, your job responsibilities and your strengths
- Try using power keywords closely related to the office manager job position that will show your knowledge about the field
- Conclude your letter showing generosity to those who will read it
- Proof-read your cover letter twice before sending it to the employer
- Check whether you have attached your office manager resume with your cover letter
Now that you are clear with the points one must keep in mind while writing their letter, let’s take a look at the office manager cover letter sample below:
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER SAMPLE
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER SAMPLE
ROGER O. WALKER
3998 Hickman Street,
Downers Grove, IL 60515
July 28, 2014
Mr. Fred M. Bond
Oval Pvt. Ltd.
Downers Grove, IL
Dear Mr. Bond
Re: Application for Office Manager Position
I wish to apply for the Office Manager position as advertised by you on monster.com recently. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a self-motivated administration professional with 7+ years of experience in small and large, local as well as multi-national companies. My prior job experiences have provided me with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. I pride myself on my management, problem solving, book keeping and technical skills.
My current employer Blue Media Pvt. Ltd. is a company of around 86 employees and my responsibilities there include office administration, risk management, clerical organization, managing financial transactions and petty cash, preparing BAS statements and processing payrolls.
In all the position I have held throughout my career, I have proved strong integrity and loyalty towards the organization.
I look forward to an opportunity for a personal interaction where we can discuss about my eligibility for the position.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Roger O. Walker.
Hope this office manager cover letter sample gives you an idea on how to draft an effective and captivating letter to the employer. You can use this letter however, ensure to understand the terms mentioned and make necessary change in it.
You might also be interested in:
Office Manager Resume Sample
Office Manager Resume Template
Office Manager Cover Letter
Your office manager cover letter should convince the hiring manager that you have the necessary administrative and management skills to perform the job successfully.
Articulate clearly how the company can benefit from your strengths, skills and experience. Study the job posting carefully, do your research on the company and customize your cover letter to the specific job opportunity.
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Janet Yates
18 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Yates
Your job posting for an Office Manager caught my attention because my background appears to closely match your needs. Some of the key capabilities that I can bring to the opportunity include:
- 8 years diverse administrative experience covering all areas of daily office operations, executive support, human resources and hands-on accounting
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills ensure the completion of multiple ongoing activities with high accuracy and efficiency
- Resourceful problem-solver with documented success in designing and implementing best practices and processes
- Strong customer service orientation with a track record of willingness to take ownership of a wide range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and effective communication in a fast-paced work environment
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
- A reputation as a self-driven, energetic and hard worker who excels in a team environment
I am enthusiastic and confident that I can deliver the results you are looking for in this position. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and schedule an appointment to provide you with more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
When you craft your cover letter be confident of your ability to do the job. Make it easy for the reader to see how suitable you are for the position by clearly conveying the value you bring to the organization in that specific job.
Highlight your competencies as they relate to the opportunity.
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Close attention to detail
- Task delegation
- Information collection and management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Customer service orientation
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Teamwork and collaboration
Your one goal with a cover letter is to get your resume read and to secure that critical first interview.
A concise and persuasive cover letter that provides the information the reader wants will achieve this.
Office Manager Cover Letter and Resumes
Office Manager Resume Sample
Office Manager Duties
Office Supervisor Job Description
Sample Administrative Job Descriptions
Office Manager Cover Letter Tips
Office Manager Interview Questions
Manager Interview Questions
Administrative Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Office Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page